Friday, August 19

5 generations

So we all know that the beginning of the school year is always hectic. Well, this year let's add a precious little girl to the mix and the only thing that equals is more crazy. We have really been enjoying our little girl, and the past four weeks have really flown by. I swear I mean to get better at blogging, but time just goes so fast! Anyway, I guess with each post I will continue to promise to get better at it. The biggest thing that we have done these past few weeks is visit Midland for the first time. This is where she met most of the McGraws for the first time, including her great-great-grandmother, Ruth a.k.a. Monnie.

From left to right: Molly McGraw (Cliff's sister), Wanda McGraw (Cliff's grandmother), Tim McGraw (Cliff's dad), Ruth Gunter (sitting, Cliff's great-grandmother), Cliff McGraw, Macy McGraw, me, and Terri McGraw (Cliff's mom)

My poor baby girl was in quite the mood that day because she kept on getting passed around and was just beyond tired!
Our little family!
Macy and her Uncle Kenneth!
(Technically he is Cliff's cousin, but we granted him "uncle-hood")
Macy and Bevers (who isn't technically family, but who are we kidding- he's family)
Other than that, we haven't done much different. We enjoy our cuddle days, and being together. She has become so much more alert in the past few weeks, and when she's looking at you it actually looks like she sees you. Every once in a while you will catch her smiling and laughing to herself, which always makes me wonder what's so funny! A new Macy favorite is bath time! She is beyond funny in the bath tub, and I will have to post a video soon! Some of my favorite photos from the past few weeks!



Coming up on the blog:
  • My first day of school, and first day working out again!
  • Macy's first set of shots (sad day!)
  • Macy's first day of "school"
  • Beginning some home redecorating
  • Cooking! I have felt the need to start cooking. (There are several reasons for this: the need to feel more domestic now that I am a mother, limited restaurant choices in our home town, as well as obvious health and cost reasons) I have found several recipes off of other people's blogs, and Pinterest (oh how I love Pinterest), so I will keep you updated on what we are eating here in the McGraw household! Tonight was outstanding! Cliff grilled chicken seasoned only with lemon and cayenne and I made broccoli from the recipe I found on Pinterest here. Yes, I know next week is the start of school, and yes I know that I am crazy for aspiring to cook every night next week...
So, for all of these these things I will have a reason to blog and so therefore you should be hearing from me a lot more in the coming weeks!

So much love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment