Sunday, March 6

Our Little Lady

Oh my goodness, we are having a precious, beautiful and perfect DAUGHTER! What a whirlwind this week has been! We found out on Tuesday about our precious, little lady. The appointment took two and a half hours, so it was quite unnerving. Apparently all of 4 doctors were in the office on that one day, and it was one of the two days a week that they do sonograms. I was literally like a bull in a china shop, the nurse called us back and I jumped out of the rocking chair so fast that it slammed really loudly against the wall. No damage, thankfully, but it was really loud. Then we get back to the nurse's station to do all the vitals and everything and I COULD NOT stop talking. I was doing the talk so much because I'm nervous kind of thing that I do, and a verbatim quote, "Personal pronouns have never been so important to me." Really, Emily?! You have got to be kidding me... The nurse just looked at me and smiled, and I couldn't tell if she was just humoring me or if she couldn't remember exactly what a personal pronoun is.

But anyways, we finally got back to the sonogram room and the technician put the gel on my stomach and before she even got the machine on my stomach I was crying, more like weeping. Here are some of the pictures she took:
Fist

Waving

Side profile
Picture of her face. Clayton said that she looks like she has a pig nose, lucky for him he had taken a step away from me before he said it. I promise it doesn't look like this in real time, I think she was moving or something...

Foot


She was not very happy about being poked on Tuesday morning. Her head was down and legs up, but she was balled up and her legs were literally crossed. My modest little girl! It took the technician 30 minutes before she would definitively tell us it was a girl, and you may be asking us the same question as Terri McGraw, Tim McGraw, and Wanda McGraw asked, and the answer is yes, we are sure, it's a girl. I told that technician, check, check and check again lady, because we have to be sure. We were so shocked, and as soon as she said "girl," I cried even harder and I was beyond excited. Cliff and I were squeezing each other's hands so tight, and the moment was something I have never experienced before. The doctor kept on saying how perfect she looked and how perfect she was progressing. She just kept on using the word perfect, and I was like yes, my perfect little girl! Afterwards, we got in the car, and we literally sat in silence for a minute or two. We were just shocked, thankful, exuberant, overwhelmed, and just feeling so unbelievably and incredibly blessed. Then we started the calls and mass texts, it was so much fun sharing our news! Cliff and I were still just in awe, we kept on saying, "I can't believe it's a girl, but I'm so EXCITED!" I think we said that at least 100 times during that day.

I just can't believe that all happened on Tuesday, because it seems so much has happened in the last 5 days. Since then I have been furiously planning for Macy's nursery and trying to make it as special and incredible as Macy already is to me. I think I had Cliff reeling for a little bit talking about bows, headbands, shoes, and all the wonderful things little girls should have, but he's getting used to it all, I think... We already have three showers for Macy planned, I made about half of the hostess gifts yesterday (they are so cute!!! But I don't want to post any pictures in case the hostesses are reading), picked out color chips for the walls, picked out chandeliers, bought some fun things at Target, and got some closet organizers. We went to Baby's R Us, and got all of the information about registering and of course this is what happened....

Yes, I may be going a little crazy, but it's our first baby and she is getting the safest and best crap out there!

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE HAVING A GIRL, BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting. I'm so happy for you both. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete