Tuesday, July 17

Carpet, carpet, carpet...

So, we moved into our house in May of 2009. From the first time we first walked through the house before we bought it, we knew we would have to replace the carpet. We always said, "Oh we'll do it before we have a baby." Well, re-tiling and resurfacing the pool happened the same summer we had our baby girl, and I'm sure you can just hear the 'cha-ching' in the back of your mind. Since it didn't happen before we had a baby, we vowed it would happen before Macy was crawling, but that came and went... So Macy is walking now, but we're replacing the carpet! Here's what we've been living with the last 3 years...


Thank you, Sarah Palin, for that accurate description of how I feel about this carpet. You are all going to judge me for this comment, but this is how bad it has gotten... As you can see the seams of the carpet against the wood, tile and concrete are wildly visible, but on top of that upholstery nails that once held down the carpet are also exposed. Cliff and I have both yelled out when we have stepped barefoot onto the top of one of them, but what's worse is that Macy has learned to bear crawl over every seam, and now that she's walking she does a double take every time she comes up on a seam. Also, the carpet has been fraying. I literally get to walk around with the scissors before anyone comes over, and cut the extra strands of carpet that are sticking out. Macy walking and being a lot more curious has not helped with this. I think the straw that broke the camel's back on the carpet was that my dear sweet Macy pulled up one of the corners of carpet in between our master bedroom and bathroom and exposed the pad and subfloor (for lack of a better, more technical word). So Cliff finally said, "Yes, it's time to get new carpet." Remind me to give that girl some money, or a new toy...

So I set out to find the perfect carpet for our growing family. Luckily, my BFF, Megan suggested that we go to a Parade of Homes during one of our summer trips to Lubbock. It was there, that I met and fell in love with my new carpet. The carpet I chose was featured in one of the homes, and it was like walking on pillows. It was so fabulous, and a bazillion times better than our carpet at home. So, I walked straight up to the builder and got all the information on the carpet.

From there, I do what I always do which is went home and said, "So, I saw this thing..." According to my dear, sweet husband and BFF Megan, this is what I always say before something is either going to take a lot of help and work on their part, or a lot of $$$. Luckily, in this case it was neither! We were able to get our carpet for under our budget, from a vendor who's owner is a member of our church, and it's AWESOME!!!! After living with all the mystery stains and exposed, painful seams, we now have super fabulous and oh-so comfortable carpet. Take a look...


If you can't tell I'm just giddy and so in love with how the carpet looks and how it makes our rooms look. Yay! First step (and probably the easiest) of changes is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment