Tuesday, January 18

Baby's Room!!

Oh my goodness, it has been so long! I felt like my life wasn't very exciting the past week, and I was out of witty things to say. But- that was then, and now we have some updates!

I love school holidays. Oh Martin Luther King Jr., thank you for your many historical contributions, but also thank you for being so awesome that they awarded you with a national holiday. Cliff and I got up early and started cleaning out closets and the room that will be the baby's! Below are some "before" photos:




















Oh, it was terrible. I was closing the doors because it was literally stressing me out looking at this room. I didn't even take pictures of the two closets in the guest rooms because they were so bad, I was embarrassed. But, it really didn't take that long! My husband is awesome, and he was just tearing it up! We put stuff in bins, up in the attic, throwing stuff away, and making donation piles. So, in reality all of the crap that was loaded into that room is now separated into smaller piles located in other places around the house... Anyways, we will just put that off for a while longer. So this is what it looks like now!!















So there is a plan for the items left in the room, but for whatever reason they just didn't make it out. Ugh, look at that disgusting carpet!! I don't know what the kid that lived here before did, but I don't know of anything that leaves nasty stains like that, and I'm not sure I want to know... My mom helped me pick out some different carpet samples, and we are hoping to get that done before baby arrives. We have quite a few projects that we would like to do, but hopefully we will at least get the new carpet installed!

I must say that cleaning out rooms and old stuff has it's advantages... I know that Megan is going to kill me for this, but it's worth it!! Also, me and Shea like 5 years ago! Love both of these girls so much!


















Overall, today has been incredible. Started off the day with prenatal yoga, oh so wonderful, then met a wonderful friend for lunch to plan another wonderful friend's baby shower! Taught my one class then played hand and foot with Cliff, Clayton, and the best partner ever, Luke. Of course, Luke and I dominated. Oh, and Austin was there because he can't drive...

Today's craving was: cucumbers with honey mustard from ACC. I woke up thinking about that this morning, then I thought to myself, "Emily, this is the time for you to want to eat ice cream for breakfast, but really!? You want cucumbers and honey mustard dressing?!" Oh well, at least I wanted to eat. Sunday and Monday were a little heinous, but today has been great! Just trying to stay positive! Any time I feel discouraged I take a look at my closet and see the most precious Texas Tech onesie, and automatically get so excited again.

The countdown to the next sonogram and hopefully gender reveal is two weeks from today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment