Sunday, January 9

Is the baby trying to kill me?

First and foremost, let me tell you that I love our baby already. However, I'm ready to meet him or her so that my body will no longer be playing host to all the baby's crazy antics. I throw up all the time, and have almost no appetite. Every time that I think I'm feeling better I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, because I know that as soon as I say it the sickness will come back multiplied by ten!

So yesterday I told all of you that I was feeling much better, and not even a full day later I'm throwing up everything in my stomach. We had such a great day yesterday, we got to spend time with our friends, Dennis and Erika and their almost 4-month old son, Josh. Erika and I went shopping and had a great time. I think that I spent more money on sour watermelon belts than anything else. I filled up two big bags, and the ladies behind the counter were just staring me down like I was about to make a run for it. Then I get up there and I explain that I'm pregnant and that this is all I want to eat these days and they're like yeah... Then after I'm done paying, the lady checking me out says, "Don't eat them all in one sitting." Oh my goodness! All I could say was okay and walked away. After shopping we met the boys, who had been playing xbox all afternoon, to meet us at On the Border. Well, obviously, I hate meat right and got some cheese enchiladas. After I had finished I was holding Josh, who is just PRECIOUS by the way, and the poor guy has a bit of a cough and a little drainage. All of the sudden I feel something warm running down my shirt, bless his little heart, he had spit up all down the inside of my shirt. So I excuse myself to the restroom to clean up and the second that I get into a stall I projectile vomit my entire dinner into the toilet. So kudos to the little man for already having excellent timing. I got back to the table and started holding Josh again and not 5 minutes later he spits up again, luckily this time I caught it in my hand. We joked that this was great practice for the upcoming months. I kept on laughing thinking about my parents and my brothers when they would spit up and my Dad would say, "If you're going to spew, spew into this" and he would be like holding out his hands or a paper towel. So number one lesson from last night: always bring a few extra burp rags wherever you go! But overall, we had so much fun and it was so funny!

So here is where I sit, trying not to eat all of my candy in one sitting while watching the Biggest Loser...

No comments:

Post a Comment