Saturday, August 4

Character Analysis for Me

So about a year ago, I was in graduate school for educational leadership. It was basically a program to be certified to become a principal or superintendent. About halfway through I found out I was pregnant, then proceeded to get wickedly sick ALL the time, and finally decided that it may not be for me. However, before I stopped taking the courses, we took a character analysis questionnaire. It's amazing to me how straight on these can be, sometimes. I'll be the first one to point out that not all of these qualities look good on me, but for the most part I guess they are true. I'm not so sure that 'dislikes committees and group discussions' is quite so accurate, and I'd like to think I'm not rigid and impersonal. Oh well, agree to disagree.  Take a look at my results. Can you relate to some of these?

Characteristics of the
Directive Style
Others May Perceive Your Style AsBest Organizational Fit
  • Focuses on tasks and technical problems
  • Considers facts, rules, and procedures
  • Acquires information through hunches and by using short reports with limited data
  • Evaluates information by using intuition, experience, and rules
  • Has a low tolerance for ambiguity and needs structure
  • Rigid
  • Impersonal
  • Simplistic
  • Autocratic
    Structured, goal-oriented, such as in bureaucracies, or where power and authority are important
Typical Leadership Style Characteristics of Those
with a Directive Decision-Making Style
  • Practical and authoritarian
  • Impersonal social orientation
  • Needs power and status
  • Is forceful
  • Dislikes committees and group discussions
  • Completes tasks quickly
  • Action and results oriented
  • Motivated by situations with measurable achievement potential, tangible rewards

 I just ran across this as I was cleaning out my email inbox on my phone and thought it was interesting enough to share. Anyway, about a week and a half ago we were on a wonderful vacation with my family to the beaches in Destin, Florida. It was Macy's first time and she loved it. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip. 








Lucky for us we have the Lifeproof Cases, so we were able to take our phones into the water!





Happy August! We have finally made it, the summer is slowing down and hopefully our crazy lives will slow down a little bit. :) I hope the same for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment