Friday, August 10

Could I Be So Lucky?!

So, as you know, I have been wanting barn doors for my bedroom to separate it from our no-doors bathroom. Well, there are also a few other things, that I haven't told you about, that I have been coveting lately that all have to do with wood. 

First, let's revisits barn doors in all their glory.

{via}
Problem: barn doors = EXPENSIVE! They like them quite a bit too... 

Second, let's talk about my raging need for a new headboard. 


Obviously, this is back when we put in the new carpet. I do have side tables, they were just moved out in our living room during the install. But I still think this photo shows you the problems with our headboard. It's too short. We have extra high ceilings which I would never change, but some of my older decor that I've had since we got married and bought for when we moved into our first house in Lubbock is starting to just not work. I loved this headboard when I bought it. I stalked it at Pier One for a good long while and was finally able to afford it when it went on sale, as well as coupled with a coupon. Anyway, like I said, it's just not working anymore, but on top of that I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a new headboard while we are trying to save for our renovation projects. So, I started pinning ideas for new headboards off of DIY sites and was trying to think of ways to be super thrifty and crafty, but I fell in love with this project idea from Lowe's.

{via}

Can you imagine? I'm also planning to create a companion footboard in the same style. Brilliant, and Lowe's has created a shopping list and step-by-step instructions which is even better. Still a problem though, because all the supplies are expensive.

Something else that I have been wildly coveting but have no chance of getting are these beauties. 

{via}

When I finally tracked these bad boys down, with no help from the original pinner who apparently pinned the image off of Google (I'm touching on one of my soap boxes, but I'm leaving it there), they were $700 for one. Obviously, you would need at least two, but I wouldn't turn my nose up to three. There is no way I could ever do that. Ever. No matter what.

Well, at this point you are probably asking yourself, "Why is she writing this post about everything she can't have?!" Good question, my friends. The truth is, I may have found a way to make all of my 'wood 
dreams' come true. We ran into our buddy who, ironically, is also our financial advisor, at church the other night and in passing he said, "Do you know of anyone who needs any extra wood? We had to cut down a massive tree in our yard, and we have tons of logs, panels, and stumps that we have no idea what to do with." I think I may have peed myself a little at that moment. That's how excited I was. Now, I have no idea if what he has will work, but I am crossing every finger, toe and limb hoping that this will be the solution to all things wood-y that I want in my house.

Could I really be that lucky? We shall find out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment