Sunday, August 26

Fun with an iPhone Camera

My daughter is 14 months old. My daughter is 14 months old. There is just no way that is possible. On one hand, it feels like we were bringing her home from the hospital just yesterday. Then on the other hand, it feels like she's always been with us, like I can't remember what life was like before her. She enriches my life every day. She has caused Cliff and I to become even closer. She keeps us laughing and guessing as to what she's doing and thinking. She is amazing. She is brilliant. She is funny. She is sweet. She is outgoing. She is busy and hardly sits still. She is headstrong. She is sassy. She is both mine and Cliff's mini-me. It is wonderful that a child can take all the very best from their parents. There are so many elements of her budding personality that are all from Cliff, so many that are all me, then, the most beautiful part, there are some that are just her. She is everything I could have ever hoped for in a daughter already, and I know there are still so many good times ahead. There are some times that she just looks me straight in the eyes and I know exactly what she is thinking. I love when I'm getting ready and all Macy wants to do is sit in my lap and play with my makeup brushes while she watches me finish putting on my makeup. This of course makes getting ready take about five times as long, but so much more enjoyable.   I love it when she lets me hold her, read her a book, and brush her hair. I love her. I love her more than I thought my heart could love anyone, and that's saying something because I feel like I have experienced overwhelming love for my wonderful husband. This overwhelming love that I have is crushing, but somehow in a good way. I am consumed by the joy and happiness that they each bring me. First with my husband, it was the impact of loving someone so much and living out that love in marriage. Then, with our daughter, not only am I so in love with her, but I fall deeper in love with my husband because she is both him and me, and because of the father he is to her and partner in parenting that he is to me. This life is bliss. 14 months of pure bliss, and I cannot wait to see what the future will bring.









You should know that as she turned, she stuck her finger like all the way up my nostril. 



So Macy, if you are reading this, please know that you are loved beyond measure. You are full of life, with all the potential there is in this world. You are growing up to be an extraordinary woman, and God forbid anyone tell you differently. There will be some days when you will allow people to get to you and tell you that you aren't good enough, but hear me tell you now that you are a life-changing, gorgeous, smart, witty and kind young woman, because those are the things that you are to me and you are still just a baby. How incredible you will be as you continue to grow... Mommy loves you, forever and always. 


1 comment:

  1. so cute!!! and i love your new blog style, btw.

    ReplyDelete